DocOrigin Merge – One Run, Many Outputs
Data-Driven • PDF, PCL, HTML • Flexible Data Formats
Merge is a multi-platform program, available on Windows, Linux, AIX® and IBM i. Templates and data streams are completely inter-operable between platforms to allow optimal configuration of the final system. Contact your distributor for details.
Pick your platform:
“DocOrigin allowed us to be able to eliminate several different custom programming software programs as well as eliminating three different mailing solutions that were integrated with these custom packages. We could actually integrate our systems down to one processing software along with one mailing software.”
IT Manager, Mele Printing
PDF, PCL, HTML and More
Merge provides several specialized output choices, each optimized and tuned to the task of quickly producing your document output. A variety of special settings allow superior performance of these outputs with the specified output devices.
- PCL – This is the workhorse of printer output, typically the fastest printed output. PCL offers a variety of options and control features, such as paper size, orientation, printer resolution, number of copies and duplexing. DocOrigin Merge can download truetype fonts into a printer on-the-fly, with options to download only the subset of characters present in the document.
- PDF – DocOrigin Merge contains a custom PDF output system specially adapted to the generation of dynamic documents, with the fastest PDF generation in the industry.
- Capability for selective embedding of font subsets, as required.
- Full Unicode character support.
- Optional bookmarking when generating a single multi-document PDF file.
- Encryption with full password protection, if needed.
- HTML – DocOrigin Merge includes the capability to generate standard HTML4/5 output documents. These documents can be static or fillable by the end user. Our HTML interface includes the ability to utilize most dynamic input features of HTML, such as text input, buttons, choice lists, checkboxes, and so on. Data can be easily posted to your web server for further processing. A unique feature of the DocOrigin HTML output is that all necessary files, htm, images and stylesheets, are embedded into a single HTML file. All pages of a document are present in that single file, with convenient tabs across the top to navigate between pages. This results in a greatly simplified deployment on your server.
- Zebra ZPL – DocOrigin Merge includes custom drivers to generate the ZPL language used by all Zebra Label printers.
- Generic Windows output (on Windows platform only)
One Run, Many Outputs
With DocOrigin, you can design a document that creates multiple outputs from a single run, for example:
- Send the same document to multiple printers.
- Create both printer and PDF output at the same time.
- Create a series of individual PDF documents at the same time as a single, combined, archivable document is generated.
Flexible Data Formats
DocOrigin Merge supports a wide variety of industry standard barcode symbologies embedded right inside the product. Symbologies include UPC-A, EAN13, Code39, 2of5, Code128, Datamatrix, QRcode, PDF417. Merge also generates the new USPS Intelligent Mail barcode, as well as the Australia Post Barcode. All are configurable with a variety of settings to ensure high-quality, readable barcodes.
Custom Zebra print drivers allow you to drive your Zebra printer at production speeds.
Charts and Graphs
DocOrigin Merge can create high quality Barcharts, Pie Charts, and Line Graphs from customer data, when required including 3-D barcharts. Merge embeds these charts inside documents using the standard high-quality text and drawing features of DocOrigin. All text is then rendered using the same scalable truetype fonts used throughout the product. A large set of options is available to set color, font, sizes, and styles of the various components of the chart, easily and effectively.